Food Glorious Food!
Lunch time is an occasion to look forward to at Hazelwood!
Whilst maintaining a service which has at its heart a healthy, nutritionally balanced menu selection, we also encourage an atmosphere where we help your child to have an open mind to food and introduce a wide range of tastes and flavours. Staff join the children at lunchtime, encouraging good manners and important social skills.
The school works in partnership with Holroyd Howe to prepare and serve its nutritious meal-times. Menus appear on the school website within the Parents' section.
Some of the initiatives which have been adopted as policy in the Catering Department are:
Fresh fruit is offered at all break or lunch times
- All vegetables are, where possible, locally sourced
- Meat, fish and poultry are sourced from responsible sources
Fruit juice together with whole-wheat cereals and toast are available at breakfast alongside a daily cooked breakfast (except Fridays when a 'continental style' breakfast is served).
A vegetarian option is always available at lunch time
A delicious and varied salad bar, pasta bar and a jacket potato option is available for Prep School at every lunch time.
- Allergies and special dietary requirements are catered for individually
- Rigorous health and safety procedures are implemented
- Staff follow a continuous programme of training and professional development